- Barbès Records is a new label associated with the Brooklyn club of the same name. Its focus, which mirrors that of the club, is on original and idiosyncratic approach to tradition. Be it Balkan, Latin, Americana, Klezmer, Jazz or pop music, its mission really is to put out music that seems to have artistic relevance to the people producing it.
- Barbès Records distributed by MGM's The Planet Company in Australia starting May 07
- Chicha Libre just recorded a promotiona E.P - Amazonicas!. A full-length cd will be released in the fall.
- Barbès Records distributed by F.A.B in Canada starting Feb 1st
- Las Rubias del Norte in Mexico City next August, stay tuned for details
- Slavic Soul Party's new cd, Technocek Collisions will be released April 3rd
- Barbès records is putting together a night at SOB's - sept 24th, with Las Rubias del Norte, Hazmat Modine and Slavic Soul Party.
One Ring Zero's new album Wake
Them Up in stores Aug 29th - Publicity by Sacks
& Co. Cd release party at Joe's Pub on Sept 7th
- Hazmat Modine's Bahamut to be released on August 29th. Publicity to be handled by Rock Paper Scissors (Check out their online press kit)
- Las Rubias on NPR's Weekend Edition. On May 27th, Las Rubias appeared live on the show and were interviewed by Linda Wertheimer
- Starting March 14th 2006, Barbès Records will be distributed by Ryko. In the meantime, Las Rubias del Norte's Rumba Internationale & Slavic Soul Party's Bigger are available from the groups' respective websites.
- One RIng Zero to re-release As Smart as we Are on barbès records on May 23rd, 2006. The critically acclaimed CD will be made available with a companion DVD.
- One RIng Zero's new album, wake them up , to be released on August 29th, 2006